Pages

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

What Makes Me Happy


I just had the best weekend! My dear friend Jessie and her rad girlfriend Jace came down to visit from Portland--and they brought the gloomy, rainy, wonderfulness of their city with them. I loved seeing them so happy and so in love :) We stayed up late catching up, they taught me how to make Tom kha, we took white wine and scrabble to the beach and made up new words. We even took a random trip to Downtown Disney.


Not only did my friends come into town, I also had a perfect house warming party on Saturday :) My parents and little sister even came! There were so many new faces brought in by my lovely roommate, and plenty of familiar friends from college and Santa Barbara. My parents were wonderful sports for coming to an all 20-something party--that's part of why they are the cooooolest parents around. We had a funny costume box with random items from an entire life's worth of Halloweens that people could use to spice up their outfits. My mom made some delicious mulled wine and we had Nightmare Before Christmas on in the background. Over all, I was the happiest girl on the planet.

Being surrounded by my friends makes me happy. It's how I recharge whenever I'm feeling down. I love all of you!


No comments:

Post a Comment