Pages

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The American Psycho at Tavern


I just moved into my new apartment in Brentwood on Sunday. So far, I love it here. It feels like the perfect transition to go from Santa Barbara to Brentwood; They have a similar vibe (glamorous, small town-feel, proximity to the ocean), the only difference is the constant buzz of traffic from the 405, but I'm sure that will become white noise soon enough.

When I was at work yesterday, my colleague came running in and said, "Batman just walked past me!" So of course, I ran out to see the American Psycho and followed him into Tavern, the restaurant/bakery/bar on our street corner. He was a lot shorter than I had imagined, but maybe even more handsome! I felt the celebrity buzz power through me like a drug. What a rush! EeeeEeeEee Christian Bale EEeeeEeeee!



Initially I wanted to write this post to tell you about Tavern, so let me do that. It is such a great place. Very Anthropologie meets Oxford University in a submarine, if you know what I mean.


Last night I met my friends Brie, Meg and Lo for drinks and some bar bites. We sat at the corner of the bar and gave each other updates on the goings on in our lives--starting grad school, selling art, the trials and tribulations of communal living. Lo and I ordered 24th Street Pale Ales, which I highly recommend, and Lo and Meg shared turkey burgers and fries, while Brie and I shared lamb meatballs with feta, pine nuts, and currant (OMG) plus a side of rosemary corn--holy moly.


The atmosphere is just perfect at Tavern. It's warm, dimly lit, spacious, and the food is fantastic. I hope that I can take you there when you come visit me :)


No comments:

Post a Comment