Pages

Thursday, September 6, 2012

F*** Yeah Fest


Hi guys, sorry for the lag in posting. Things have been weird for both of us. We (for completely separate reasons) have been having trouble accessing the internet for a little over a week, but now we are back online and ready to post some cool things that have been going on.

Last weekend I went to FYF. Check out the cuties below.


The festival was SO fun, and I totally did a crazy thing.

I snuck in.

Yep, you heard it right. I totally snuck in, and it was AWESOME. I walked up and stared at the ticket lady's face, showed her a crumpled up piece of random paper, and just scurried right past her and another security guard, as my friends distracted her. I bolted into the venue and was swallowed by a sea of LA hipsters. Helllooooo. So rad.

The festival was pretty cool! As it often is in LA, it was really, really hot and sunny, and relatively grimy, but still plenty hip. The festival was held in Los Angeles State Historic Park, which is adjacent to Chinatown. It's more like a huge plot of dirt and some grass, but it made for a really easily navigable festival. The stages were lined up consecutively, which made the sound a bit muddled from the back, but if you were close enough to the stage you couldn't even hear the other bands playing.



Of course, Father John Misty was my favorite performance. He is so weird with those girly hips, but that's part of his rock star charm. King Khan and the Shrines were super fantastic--a little too much action in the crowd for my taste, but the music was totally funky! We saw glimpses of bands like Cursive, Atlas Sound, and watched Yeasayer and Beirut from the back of the crowds to finish off the evening. Over all it was a great all-day event! I recommend wearing flats, bringing lots of water, and wearing TONS of sunscreen if you go next year. Below is a funny picture of my boyfriend, the King of the Sneak. dork.


No comments:

Post a Comment