Pages

Monday, September 24, 2012

Thank You

So I have received two thank you notes in the last week, and I was completely blown away upon receiving each of them. The fact that these two people took the time to sit down write a card by hand and mail it with a stamp made me realize how much they truly were thankful.

The first note I received was from a houseguest thanking me for my hospitality when she came to visit for the weekend. The other was a thank you for coming to her birthday party and bringing her a gift.

These notes prompted me to remember some old-fashioned manners that most of us have discarded in this digital age. Yes, when I receive a gift I always say "thank you!" but I haven't put it in writing since probably 2002-when my mother made me sit down and write my thank you notes after my birthday bash.

Has saying thank you in writing become completely obsolete?

With thank-yous on the mind, I found the cutest set of thank you notes at Target this weekend. I never would have known, but my friend Anna reintroduced me to the stationary section in Target and I found the cutest cards! It was hard to pick one, but I ended up with these:


1 comment:

  1. I try to be good about thanks you but I always end up buying the card and never sending it! I did also get a thank you today, it was great!

    ReplyDelete