Pages

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Look Out Hollywood, Here I Come

I'm starting this new thing. Instead of watching mindless television (read: ANTM, The Voice, Don't Mess with the B in Apt 23), I've decided to watch movies that I've never seen, but have always meant to. I've had enough with my lame excuses--I'm too tired to focus on something deep, I am too scared, it seems too heavy right now, blah blah blah. Enough's enough.

So last week, for three consecutive days, I watched (for the first time ever) Pulp Fiction, Shawshank Redemption, and No Country For Old Men.

All of these films are on IMDB's Top 250 Best Films of All Time list, and now I can see why! Instead of boring you with movie reviews, since you've most likely seen them all anyway, I am going to attempt to summarize my sentiments about each film in two sentences.


1. Pulp Fiction: Seeing someone's head blow up was not as bad as I thought it would be, but watching them pick up brain guts was just as bad as I thought it would be. Uma Thurman was not as involved as I had imagined.


2. Shawshank Redemption: I guess if I were falsely imprisoned, I'd try to make the best of it too. He is lucky that Morgan Freeman was his friend because I want Morgan Freeman to be my friend.


3. No Country For Old Men: I almost puked from constant anxiety. How can one man be so sexy in one movie and an absolute psychotic-demonic-homicidal-lunatic-freak in another?

4 comments:

  1. I totally want Morgan Freeman to be my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the goal, love your reviews. I have a movies-to-see list in the back of my planner--perhaps I should break that out soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shawshank Redemption is genious. Probably top 5 on my movie list. Great idea though, I should do this!! :)

    ReplyDelete