Pages

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Halloween: Let's Plan Those Costumes

What are you going to be for Halloween?

I'm starting to think about different things that I want to be. I've come up with a few fun ones so far, but it will all depend on how much time, money, and effort I want to spend on creating the perfect costume.

Also something to consider--do you care about being topical? Would you rather have people guessing who/what you are? Or do you love when people can look at you and instantly know?


Last year I was Sriracha. It was kind of perfect. I'm not really sure how to top it.

1. Daenerys Targaryen from Game of Thrones
Should I be Dany as the Kahleesi?
Or the Stormborn Heir of the Iron Throne?

Although, it might be better to go the creepy route for Halloween and be Daenerys as she eats the heart in front of the Dothraki... Ewwww.


2. Lydia Deetz from Beetlejuice

I think I kind of have my heart set on this one.

3. The White Queen from Alice and Wonderland
If I got the white wig for this costume I could also be Daenerys on another night...something to consider.

Sofia, here! So last year for halloween I was Champagne, yes the drink. It looks like Diana and I both went for the more palatable costume last year.
do you see the bubbles ;)

Anyways, this year should I go in the darker, more sinister direction? I am usually all about the lovable characters and amusing concepts but maybe I should go for something with some fake blood oozing down my cheek?

What do you usually go for? The classic darker characters...witch, vampire, zombie or perhaps a character from a film or your favorite animal?

A few of my ideas brewing...

1. Melanie Daniels from Alfred Hitchcock's "The Birds"




2. Perhaps Drew Barrymore in Scream? (It may work out well since apparently I look just like her)


3. Nina as the Black Swan. I know this costume was very popular last year, but I think it would be so fun to experiment with that makeup!


4. Adriana from "Midnight in Paris", one of my new favorite movies. She is so glamorous and beautiful, and I absolutely adore 20s fashion.



It seems I am sticking to a movie theme this year.

What have you all been thinking of for this all hallow's eve?

No comments:

Post a Comment